The Blue Marble Health Platform has been the cornerstone of evidence-based research for nearly a decade.
With over 15 NIA / NHLBI / NIDCD and DoD funded grants and contracts under its belt, Blue Marble demonstrated that delivery of digital assessments, exercises, and educational modules produces similar outcomes to that of clinic-based or face-to-face programs.
List of Grants
Blue Marble has collaborated with over 20 different organizations, including universities, retirement centers and research labs.
We are excited to make this platform generally available for research institutions like yours.
25+ evidence based, standardized electronic patient reported outcomes (e-PROs), with more being added regularly.
112 avatar-guided exercises
38 educational lessons with over 190 five to ten minute classes and quizzess
Population Health Dashboard
A comprehensive view of your study participant population.
Case Manager Dashboard
An in-depth view of individual patients.
Use Adherence & Assessment Reports
Downloadable reports to pinpoint which patients need your attention.
The Blue Marble Health Platform can be an effective data collection backbone to any research program that is evaluating the benefit of an exercise, education, and/or a self-management program.
Conducting research in the era of COVID and social distancing can make recruiting participants challenging.
Subjects who must travel on-site may find it unrealistic or impractical to do so, which can lead to research inequities.
Your participant's ability to navigate traffic, weather, and caregiver support can impact their participation in your study.
Studies that last months or even years often need help finding cost-effective tools that keep participants engaged and compliant over a long period of time.
The ubiquity of internet-enabled mobile devices and robust yet easy-to-program operating systems make remote management of research possible.
The Blue Marble Health Platform makes screening, recruiting, and engaging participants simple.
The Platform can scale your efforts. By leveraging our easy-to-download app, you can remotely screen hundreds of potential study participants for potential eligibility.
Potential participants complete digital evidence-based e-PROs in the comfort of their homes using any smart device or computer they are familiar with. Research administrators easily sort the results and determine eligibility.
Outcomes from a 3 month fall prevention program for older adults
- 55% of older adults adhered to a 3x/wk or more falls-related exercise programs; 78% adhered 50% or more to the exercise program.
- 100% of older adults achieved a MCID on at least one outcome related to reduction in fall risk or improved quality of life after a 3 month fall prevention program
- 73% of older adults completed the digital Matter of Balance Program in its entirety (11 lessons and 60 five to ten minute classes)
Outcomes from an 8-wk Virtual Pulmonary Rehab Program for adults with COPD
- 79% of adults with COPD adhered to a 3x/wk or more exercise program, 89% adhered to 50% or more of the exercise program
- 100% of participants achieved a MCID in at least one outcome and 86% achieved an MCID on 4 or more outcomes
- 80% of participants reported improved breathlessness as measured by the CAT or mMRC
- 71% of participants achieved a MCID in the St. George Respiratory Questionnaire score, which was similar to the 75% in the traditional clinic-based PR program
- 43% of participants achieved a MCID in the 6MWT, which was similar to the 45% in the traditional clinic-based PR program.
The Blue Marble Health Platform is FDA registered as a Software As a Medical Device (SAMD).
The Platform is also HIPAA compliant.